The Gift that Keeps Chuggin’

Many of you were correct in guessing our present to the boys for Christmas. Their reactions were priceless and it made for a delightfully playful Christmas morning.   Since Christmas, Henry’s first words in the morning have been, "Where’s choo-choo?" I think it’s a gift that they will continue to enjoy for years to come.

Oh, and to field some questions before they’re asked:

Craigslist

October

$60 (Retail Value over $300)

All inclusive: Table + Trains + Track + Accessories + Storage Bins

Any other questions?

Don’t worry I’ll post pictures of the boys WITH the table in a jiffy, but here’s what the beloved train table looked like under in front of the tree on Christmas morning.  It certainly didn’t stay perfectly assembled for long…

DSC_0743c

DSC_0745c

DSC_0741c

DSC_0752c DSC_0747c

No Batteries Required.

Some Assembly Recommended.

Disassembly Mandatory.

29 thoughts on "The Gift that Keeps Chuggin’"

1. Gail says:

Oh! We got our little girl a train set last year at Christmas (looks almost identical to yours… and from the same place from the looks of it lol) and she loved it. I KNOW your boys will!!!

Happy New Year to you and your family! :)

2. Moni Graf says:

Happy Anniverary Brad and Jen! Sorry it’s late, but I’m FINALLY starting to get caught back up on my quad mamas.

Hope your holidays were wonderful and looking forward to another great year watching your boys grow up!

Love ya,
    Moni

3. Michelle says:

Grayson got a train this year too. It keeps coming apart (of course!) and he keeps saying “my train is BROKEN!” They’ll figure it out soon enough, or I’ll be taking a hot glue gun to it to secure all those pieces.

4. Anne says:

Oh, WOW! My boys would LOVE something like that! I’m jealous of the bargain you got!

5. Jac Tubre says:

Hey girly! Congrats on your 6 year anniversary!!! You and Brad are such a cute couple, which would explain the adorable offspring you have :) I can’t wait to see some pics of the Crew with their choo-choo!

Love ya,
    Jac

6. The Leonard Four says:

WOW…you got all that for $60?!?!?! what a total bargain and i’m sure it’s one that will be played with for hours on end! :)

7. Rebecca says:

Hello, we just found out we’re having twins and we found your blog on another site for multiples. Weird question, but do you know of any blog widgets or pregnancy countdowns that are for twins or multiples? Cute kids and cute blog! The Shavers
    rebeccajshaver@gmail.com

8. Looks like so much fun :) I want to play trains too!
    ~Elyse~

9. By the way, HAPPY Anniversary Brad and Jen! Hope the next years are more joyous!
    ~Elyse~

10. Great choice and great find!! I can imagine how much they’ll enjoy that and all the mileage that’ll get over the years! My nephew was/is a Thomas fan and has that set and STILL plays with it at age 8!

11. Looking forward to seeing the boys with their train. And what a great Craigslist deal!

12. Suzanne says:

awww! i bet Christmas was SO magical for you guys this year! that is SOOOO fun! what a great deal! (funny, i never knew what the table was actually supposed to look like with all the trains and tracks! very cool! and what a steal!) love you guys!!! kiss all of those murray boys for their auntie suz!

13. What a great deal. I’m sure the boys surprised faces were priceless.

14. susan says:

ahh…what a great bargain you got. We too have trains trains and cars and cars…being laden with boys myself…and more to come I can fully appreciate this great table! They will LOVe this for years to come. I would love to have a table for ours but there is no more room at the inn!!

Susan :):)

15. Rachael says:

oh fun! what a fantastic deal and a great present – i bet the boys just adore it! i actually thought about getting this for my little ones as well, but they got a kitchen set instead :) can’t wait to see pictures of their faces all lit up playing with it!

16. Rachael says:

i wanted to add that those are wonderful pictures jen!!!

17. What a deal, Jen!! I LOOOOVE Craigslist.

They will be glued to that table for hours on end. I know my boys loved theirs.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

18. Kaitlyn says:

That is an amazing gift, and what a great price. Love it!

19. PletcherFamily says:

Cool present! And happy anniversary!!

20. Heather says:

what a great deal! My dad made our ds (now 12.5) a train table when he was about the boys’ age and we ended up having to screw the tracks down for about a year until he could figure out how to put them together. Drove him crazy when he couldn’t get the pieces back! All that stuff is under his bed now, waiting for whenever he’s old enough to have kids (or when our friend’s 3 year old comes to visit).

I hope your boys love it as much as our ds did.

21. lynne from uk says:

The present looks lovely, they will have a lot of fun with that! Happy new year to you all.

22. Emily says:

Lovin’ it! I was thinking it was what you had told me you were getting them. Yay!
    The three year old I nanny for has one and they’ve threatened to glue the wood track together because he is constantly asking them to fix it 😉

Jen, I feel for you. I know firsthand how discouraging it is to constantly get sick after just getting better. But there is no way I can imagine what it has to be like when you have a household battling it. You all are in my prayers!!

23. How sweet! Love the pics too! I’m sure ya’ll are having TONS of fun!
    Rachel

24. Becky says:

Brad and Jen,
    We got our train table last year for David and no joke he has played with it every single day. It is worth it’s weight in gold! He has now started to build his own track lay-outs and he does better than Mommy on that one! Hope your boys get as much good out of it as ours has! Glad you had a good Christmas.

25. Drea says:

2 fun!! great price 2. We have a train table we got at ALDI’s (grocery store) back in ohio when Caleb was 2. We got it after christmas and paid 52.00 I believe. Came w/ the trains, tracks, buildings (a bunch!), trees, lamp post, and storage bens… crazy great deal :-) we were so tickled.

To this day my boys use their train. And since then have acquired many more pieces as well as a thomas plastic set that they love as well. Its fun to watch them play :_)

26. Kelly's 3 says:

If you have boys, trains are the BEST investment. My 9 year old has loved them since he was crawling. Now my 2 year old plays with them and our set has grown!!

27. Anonymous says:

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic