Oh Pillow, How I Missed You…
…And Of Course My 3 Other Little Men too!
We are HOME! Just in time for tomorrow’s birthday! Sooooo great to all be under one roof again!!!
We have been so blessed by your faithful prayers. We were able to rest in God’s sovereignty and in His faithfulness during these past few scary and uncertain days. (Although we frequently had to remind ourselves to do so.) It was so reassuring to know that people all over the nation (and some throughout the world) were praying! Our only request is that you would continue to do so…
Clark was treated for a combination of croup and most likely RSV, Respiratory Syncytial Virus, (aka The Rotten Stinky Virus). He is being treated with steroid and breathing treatments as a support, but for the most part we have to just watch and wait. He had another coughing attack last night, but we was able to resolve it in under 10 minutes and a few shorter spells this afternoon/evening. We would really appreciate your specific prayers that he would not need another ER visit to address his breathing difficulty. As you can see from the pictures taken today before discharge, he has perked up quite a bit!
Brooks was close to a hospital admission, as well, but seems to slowly be improving. Isaac and Henry, although they are not themselves, are recovering as well. We most likely have a house full of RSV that will make it’s presence known for quite a few more days (maybe even weeks) to come. Even Brad and I have been socked with it! Hopefully by getting more than a couple of hours of sleep, we’ll be able to fight this so we can care for these little germo munchkins to our best ability.
Obviously, their 2 year old birthday will be a low key event tomorrow, but we are so thankful for two years of life with four precious little boys. We are more in love with them today than ever before!
A few more shoutouts (is that even a "cool" term anymore???) to some people who wouldn’t want the recognition, but to whom we are SO grateful for:
- Melissa and Kara T. for picking up the other 3 boys at the ER, taking them home, and tucking them in
- For Tami W. for coming to the rescue once again and serving us overnight Friday night
- For Pam D. for praying with me over the phone with me while in the ER after being told that Clark was the sickest patient there, and the possibility of "intubation" had us freaked out
- For Gramma and Grampa for coming on Saturday and staying overnight so that mama and daddy could be with Clark.
- For Grandma and Grandpa for coming up today and for my mom staying overnight tonight so that we have extra hands, allowing me to some MUCH needed rest.
- For Dan H. for delivering a air pump at 10 pm last night, so that I could rest on an air mattress last night.
- For Emily U. providing some video distractions for the boys at home.
- For the many churches, including our own, who have been supporting us with their love and prayers.
- For my quad sistas who used their blogs and facebook pages, to update others and who were texting me constantly with messages of love.
- To the Goerlich’s for delivering pizza and wings to our house tonight. All the way from Texas, and it was still warm when it got here!
- To Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent for providing us with incredible care. We were in such great hands!
- To our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for holding little Clark’s life (and our other 3) in His hands
- To All of YOU! We consider you our dear friends – and your support means the world to us!