No, I Do Not Want Fries With That….

I think we set the bar much too high last year with our little Halloweiners!  We can’t compete with ourselves!  If you are new to our blog and missed our Halloween costumes from last year, you MUST check out last year’s Halloween post.  It’s one of my absolute all-time favorites.

Go ahead.  Check it out.  We’ll wait on you…

While you long-time true blue readers are waiting, here’s a picture to refresh your memory.

Oh how I "relish" those memories!

THE PERFECT follow-up exists at a well known, always cute, but over my budget kids store, that shall be left nameless. (Think "Clay Farm Building".) I spotted them, immediately called Brad with hilarious elation, and then became crushed with disappointment over the not-so-quad-budget-friendly price tag.  Needless to say, they were left hanging in the store and over $350 dollars was spared from our checking account. That’s one expensive fast food bill! But seriously, wouldn’t they make the cutest Hamburgers and French Fries on the Block?

hbrg ffries

I simply can’t beat the "Value Menu" costumes, but I do have a plan!  Save your guesses for now….

A contest is in the works. Hope that wets your "appetite"! More details to follow…

For now leave me a comment about how you’ll be dressing your little             pumpkin(s) this Halloween or pout with me about how Halloween costumes cost more than your high school prom dress!

51 thoughts on "No, I Do Not Want Fries With That…."

1. Can’t wait to see!! Love you mama!

BTW, we are keeping our costumes a secret!! LOL

XOXO
    Gen

2. Jenny says:

Yours last year were great and yes, the ones you showed are too cute. We had contemplated about them for our 2, but had to decline as well.

Ian, our oldest (5 in Dec), will be Indiana Jones. Noah, 22 months, will be a golfer.

Love your blog although I rarely comment. What you do is an inspiration to me. You have beautiful little boys!

~ Jenny Maddox

3. Luckygirl says:

My twins will be 7 months old on Halloween and I received “Thing 1” and “Thing 2” onesies in 6-9 mos size, so I’m just going to find 2 blue wigs and go for it! Can’t wait to see what you do!

4. Courtney says:

Last year I spent $50 on a Tom Arma skunk costume, since our little one had earned the nickname “Stinky”. This year my mother made him a pair of fur shorts, a soft club, and a wooden dinosaur on wheels to pull behind him. He’ll be a caveman to go with his shaggy hair that I can’t bring myself to cut!

Your boys will be precious in anything you put them in!

5. Anonymous says:

My kids (not multiples) will all be some zoo animal. We purchased an elephant and monkey at old navy.com for 15.
    I wish they would make costumes more affordable because it is so much fun but hard to find the big bucks for the costumes you love!

6. Michelle says:

Tooo cute! I splurged and got my daughter a fairy princess from gymboree… she just turned one. I haven’t found anything yet for my 4 year old son … he isn’t much for costumes (like for his preschool program when his teacher decided it was better for him to be the only one without a costume rather than screaming the whole time!) so I guess I will let him be Thomas the train or something he is really into! I love your blog and reading about your sweeties!

Michelle

7. Michelle says:

Michelle

8. Stacia says:

Loved those little Hallowieners from last year. That’s about the same time that I found your blog and I’ve been hooked ever since!!

My son (3) will be Buzz Lightyear and my daughter (4.5) will be a witch!! They are super excited and we’ve already had to play dress up the day I brought them home from the store!!

9. Maggie says:

Love the “wieners”, too cute Jen!
    Earlier this week me and my husband went to once upon a child and found 3 of the exact same costume! What’s even better? They were $6.50 a piece! Their really nice too and made very well. You may want to check it out, GL!

10. Kate says:

Ooooooh….I can’t wait to see what you come up with! You’re SO creative Jen!
    Mylo is going to be a monkey…got the costume at Old Navy. He LOVES monkeys and looks absolutely adorable in the costume. It’ll be so fun to take him around the neighborhood and show him off. (Plus get a few pieces of candy for ME…err…I mean, him.)

11. Oh they were just adorable! Can’t wait to see what you do for this year.

12. Jenn Brothers says:

Jackson is going to be a Monkey this year. He first wanted to be a deer, then we bought a spider costume that ended up being too small, so we settled on the Monkey from Old Navy. On sale for $16.50 from $22, BUT I also had a $10 off coupon, so we made out cheap for $6.50 + tax.

13. oh! Those were the cutest last year! Hope you’ll find something just as fun for this year.

We decided to make sure the twins’ costumes was an animal or character that they know. They currently LOVE Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so we figured that was our best bet. Trying not to spend a fortune though…tough. I’m currently scouring Ebay and Craig’s List for this year and hoping we can get them for under the cost of the new ones.

Have fun picking out costumes and getting them dressed up! Can’t wait to see!

14. The Carlsons says:

oh my! how can PBK charge $79 or $89 EACH for their costumes? that is crazy! i must say, they are cute and would’ve been just like you…”oh, let’s purchase them! can we? can we? can we?” but alas, with quads you have to multiple everything by 4. oh well…

can you try making them? it looks like they are all just fleece and felt. or find a friend who sews that could have some fun making them for you? that’s what i’ve decided to do…our girls will be “color coded” flowers this year :)

good luck finding some cute costumes for those cute boys of yours :)

-fellow quad mom of GGGG and a 4yo boy

15. Leah says:

My 13 month old son will be Batman, my newborn baby boy will be Robin and my newborn baby girl (yes they are twins :) will be Batgirl!

16. I am a mom of 5..ranging in age from 15 down to 1…since out of the 5, only 1 is a girl, we are doing Wizard of Oz. So, our daughter will be Dorothy, our 1 year old son-Toto, our oldest which is such a brain-the scarecrow, our all heart 5 year old son-tinman, and our fearless 3 year old son-the cowardly lion. I am thinking super cute pics, right?

Last year we dressed our then 9 month old son as Humpty-Dumpty and decorated his wagon to look like a brick wall. It was absolutely the CUTEST thing and if I don’t top it this year…well, I feel your pain, Jen.

xoxo from CA, Veronica

17. My husband and I are Baylor University grads and we attend Baylor’s Homecoming every year. This year it falls on Halloween. Poor planning if you ask me. Therefore, our 3 year old daughter will be a Baylor cheerleader and our 4 month old son will be a bear…a Baylor bear!

18. Anonymous says:

I have three year old twins- a boy and a girl. I intend to dress them in coordinating Halloween costues as long as they will let me! Their first Halloween, at 2 months old, they were two peas in a pod. The next year they were a pig and a cow. Last year they were Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy. This year they will be a football player and cheerleader representing our favorite SEC team. Next year they may be old enough to request their own costumes, so it may be my last year to pick for them!

19. jarcarhar says:

Too cute! I check your blog often, amazed at your family and your sense of humor! I, too, am apalled at costume prices, and I only have ONE little man! Last year, I made him to be a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs…just a mop cut up to look like spaghetti and popcorn balls spray painted brown to look like meatballs…incredibly cute, cheap, and memorable! Have a great weekend!

20. Our little one is going as a “Future Fisherman” as he hates to have anything on his head, which all Halloween costumes have. So his out fit comes complete with fishing vest, waiter boots, and stuffed fishing pole. Precious!! Can wait to see what the quads will be wearing. I’m sure it will be hard to top last year, but I’m sure they will be “weiners”.

21. Quad Squad! says:

Oh, the hot dogs were SO cute last year! I can’t wait to see what you come up with this time! I’m super excited about our costumes this year, but I’m not telling what they are! It’s a surprise!

22. Our little pumpkin is going to be a “Peep” this year. Aunt Shannon said she is going to freeze, so we may have to purchase some yellow tights. But you’ll love the big tummy and pointy tail!

23. Heather says:

Loved the wieners last year and the burger and fries would’ve been so darned cute, but at that price??? EEK! I wouldn’t buy it if I only had ONE kid! I can’t wait to see what you come up with for this year.

Halloween has gotten much easier on us as the kids get older. Our oldest has decided he’s too old for trick or treating. Our 4th grader has been a horse since the 1st grade, and wants to know if she can do that again this year — so easy! Long sleeved black leo and black dance pants. Then the first year, I created a hood out of felt. Each year I buy a new feather boa and change out the tail and mane. My youngest has been a giraffe for the last 2 years. . . costume is now too small, but she wants me to make it again in a bigger size. Thank goodness I bought twice as much fabric as I needed the first time!

24. rickscher620 says:

Thanks for waiting while I went back and read last years Halloween post… 😉 Loved the bumper sticker and signs on the train..too cute! It was fun to “ketchup” on their costumes! Jenn and I found cute little t shirts at Target for this year, and they were only a buck! It was hard finding anything that would be small enough as they are only in the 4# range right now!
    Smiles~
    Grammie Bear
    (King Quads)

25. edbteach says:

My daughter is 10 and has decided she is too old to dress up . She will stay with Nana and give out candy. My son, who is five, will be Batman. I can’t wait to take his picture and put it my his dad dressed up as Batman when he was around the same age!

26. Melissa says:

I loved the costumes from last year and I can’t wait to see what you come up for this year! I am glad you decided not to spend that kind of money at PB. That’s just silly!

For their first Halloween, my twins were Piglet and Eeyore, because one of them used to start crying and get hungry so long before each feeding in the NICU that he was nicknamed “Piglet” by his primary nurse and I went with that theme. They came home from the NICU just a little bit before Halloween, so it made sense. For their second Halloween, I went with “Thing One” and “Thing Two” because it was just too darn cute. This year, they are going to be Elmo and Cookie Monster.

27. MaryBeth says:

Our four little divas (3,2,2,2)will all be going as their favorite book character, Fancy Nancy. I love it because this means the costumes are very, very inexpensive…”clip cloptiy” shoes, little fake fur boas, bead necklaces, and tiaras. Amazingly all things they already have in their play dress up basket. The little Halloweiners were super cute… can’t wait to see what you come up with this year!

28. Anonymous says:

I found this website with cheaper costumes. This is a more healthy twist on food costumes.

29. Busy Momma says:

those weiny costumes are TOO cute!!
    can’t wait to see what you come up with this year. I have no idea what we’re doing with our kids. my mom bought this really adorable chicken costume but so far they all refuse to wear it!

30. Robyn says:

My oldest insists on Cruella de Ville and the 2 year old will be a ladybug and the baby Raqgedy Ann.

I think since you have 4 boys you could easily do the wiggles. Maybe if not this year next year when they can actually do some of the moves.

But let me warn you, only one more year and then they will have thier own ideas about costumes. So enjoy it while you can…

31. Katie Walden says:

I found your blog (along with Gen, Suz and Jenn’s blogs) through friends of mine. I’ve just finished reading through your entire blog…from the beginning. Yes, I’m one of those. Haha. Anyway, I just wanted to stop and say how much I’ve enjoyed reading and how blessed and impressive I’ve been with the way you’ve glorified God through the good and the bad. It’s so refreshing to me to find people like you guys and I just wanted to let you know. I’ll be keeping up with you all from now on and will most definitely be one of your prayer warriors. God bless!

32. Anonymous says:

My cousin gave me an Hershy costume, actually 3 of them. They are shiny red, silver and gold material. Just two pieces, one pointed hat that has a velcro under the chin. The other one goes over the body, and the cutest thing about it is the bottom of the hershey is filled a bit with something so when they walk, it just sways around. Wear a white shirt and pants or whatever…..I tell you, we got tons of compliments and snickers as they walked in and out of houses. Was a cheap thing…but I had to share my favorite, still is!!:)
    Cant wait to see what you come up with. You are so darn creative!!
    Heidi C.

33. Jessica says:

Hey Jen,

The boys are going to be the three little pigs and I’ll be little red riding hood, Sean is the big bad wolf! :)

Good luck finding something! Are you guys just staying around your neighborhood?

Talk to you soon!

Jess

34. Jac Tubre says:

Hey Jen,

I am dying over here with the weiners…too cute. I missed that one in all the NICU chaos that was my life last year :)

We are going to be boring ole pumpkins this year. They aren’t walking yet, so I figure next year we will do something really fun and creative, but this year we are creating a little pumpkin patch of our own.

Jac

35. debi9kids says:

I am not sure I am doind anything for Halloween this year, costume wise. Our church throws a huge Harvest Festival and no costumnes are necessary. So, last year just the babies dressed up.
    This year, with the extra 5 kids in the house…. not sure the budget will allow even the 5 babies to be in costume. :)

36. Ally says:

Check out the One Step Ahead Catalog.

They have great costumes and fairly reasonable in cost.

37. Anonymous says:

No kids to dress up, but I wanted to contribute! I have dressed my dog up a few times. The first time she was a “dog”tor, complete with a scrub shirt, stethoscope around her neck, and a name tag! :) Now she has a red, hot chili “pup”per costume that she wears (and despises) annually. But I have fun, until there are other little ones to plan fun costumes for! Can’t wait to see what you have in store this year!!! :)

Emily (Fay) Hasselbeck

38. Sarah Reaves says:

Caeleigh will be Ariel this year. Nana was able to get fabric, pattern, and notions for $20 and it will be made with love! I’ll send you a pic! MISS YOU!!!

39. Jenn Brothers says:

Hey Jen – just was browsing the Old Navy site. They have the pea in a pod costumes on clearance for $15 each.

40. Christine says:

First year my twins were a froggy and a little devil (old costumes from big brother). The next year they tourist at school (flowery shirt, shorts, straw hat and a plastic camera around their necks.)For trick or treating they were frogs. Last year they were both Buzz Lightyear, but one wore a pirate hat and the other used a StarWars lightsabre all night. I’m thinking they will be either Buzz or Dash, I have 2 of each. I did suggest to my hubby that I get a red and a black spiderman. He said No, that one of them would have to be the evil one and I said “want’s the problem?”

41. Those hot dog costumes were too cute! Last year my two girls were angels (I posted a pic of them earlier last week on my blog) but this year we are doing something totally different. I can’t wait to see what you decided to do for costumes..I’m sure it will be cute!

42. Anonymous says:

Matt and I want to get Cubby a little saddle for Halloween since he is the size of a mini pony. Ha. Can’t wait to see the boys all decked out!

Amy C.

43. Brenda says:

So funny! I agree that costumes are crazy expensive. I’ve always coordinated my three (prince, princess, dragon… three blind mice), but last year I decided to go thrifty and when the costumes went to 90% off, I went and bought 3 in the sizes I thought they would be this year. Not much selection at that point, so I’ve been hyping up what I got and they seem excited about being non-coordinated Darth Vader, witch, and Spiderman… total cost for all three with accessories (light saber, gloves, wand, etc) $15.

44. Chris says:

They really would be so cute as fast food items! I had seen the french fry one also, and fell in love. But even with just one toddler that costume isn’t affordable. So my little boy will be going as a three-eyed monster this year. He actually picked it out. He saw it at the store and formed a friendship with the moster right away. Now if I can just get him to wear his friend….. it’s a struggle.

Can’t wait to see what the boys end up dressing as!

45. GibsonTwins says:

Carter’s has really cute toddler costumes (full body fleece style) and they’re 40% off. I have a printable coupon on my blog too for 25% additional off.

But alas, we are not dressing up this year. More fun to build up to birthday for that week.

46. Stacey says:

I’m a long time reader, but I rarely comment–sorry! I have to join in on this one, though! I LOVED the weiners last year–TOO CUTE!! I was shopping with my husband last weekend and saw the burger and fries at the anon store–SO cute and SO expensive! It reminded me of your 4 little hot dogs and I actually mentioned it to my husband. We have 3 kids, and instead of going with coordinating costumes this year, I decided to roll with each of their distinct personalitites. My oldest son, 8, will be Indiana Jones, my 2 1/2 year old son will be Bob the Builder (he’s in LOVE with Bob and all construction vehicles–we actually drive through neighborhoods with new construction almost daily on our way home just to see the tractors, backhoes, etc.), and my 9 month old CHUNKY daughter is going to be a pig–I hope she can look back at it and laugh! We’re making our own Bob the Builder costume and we’re getting the others from buycostumes.com. Can’t wait to see what your precious crew comes up with!!
    Stacey in IL

47. Amber S. says:

My three boys are going as a lion, a tiger, and a bear! (“Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY!”) I haven’t decided if I am going to go all out and be Dorothy or just make a t-shirt that says “Oh my!”

I already have gotten the tiger and the bear from our mothers of multiples garage sale – and have found the lion on Craigslist, just have to find the time to go GET it! I was able to score some awesome costumes at a bargain this year! ($5, $6, and $8)

Can’t wait to see what y’all are going to be!

48. Kate says:

One year, my best friend and I made Peanut Butter and Jelly Costumes out of garbage cans painted and labeled to match the jars. They were awesome! And we even ran into someone dressed as bread! This year, my middle child will be a unicorn. She is 3, and she has thought she really is a unicorn for almost a year now! Got it on ebay for a mere 9.99 including shipping.

49. Jen says:

I don’t have any kids, just one on the way. I’ll be 19.5 weeks at Halloween, and if I’m showing, I’m going to go as Juno and my husband will go as her boyfriend. :)

50. Anonymous says:

Just wanted to let you know that they are now on sale!!

SLT
    NH

51. Mandy says:

I wanted the same costumes plus the hotdog for my 5 year old triplets. I think it would be perfect but can not imagine spending that much money on a costume that will be worn for a few short hours. I am putting my mother-in-law on a project to see if she can make them. We will see how it goes and I will let you know. Can’t wait to see what your boys are.

Mandy