A Long Winter’s Nap and Other Ramblings
Aren’t you ready for a long winter’s nap? We sure are! This is a little game the boys have been playing for about a month. If you say "Night, Night, _____ (insert boy name)", they hit the deck, thumb in mouth, and get in sleeping position. I really need to get it on video – it’s a riot.
If the next parts seem random and unrelated, it’s because they are…but I’ve been meaning to post a few things so fasten your seatbelts for some classic rambling!
- I’ve been meaning to show you these:
Aren’t they just precious? No mantle to hang them on yet, but I think the staircase makes a nice display. I got these off of Pottery Barn after Christmas clearance last year and could hardly wait to get them hung. I am such a sucker for embroidered names. It’s when I look at all of their names on 4 different things, that it sinks in a little further that we have 4 BOYS!
- You might have noticed that I added my "tweets" to our right sidebar. Feel free to "follow me" by clicking the link, if you’d like a little glimpse of my daily reality. And if you are new to all this bird jabber, this article is a good twitter introduction.
- New challenge of the week: The boys are learning to use their toys and books as weapons. Let’s just say the bridge of my nose still hurts from yesterday. Discipline is such a fun part of my job description (written with major sarcasm).
- We’re all quite excited for Christmas. We’ll be traveling for Brad’s side of the family for Christmas Eve. Home just the 6 of us for Christmas, and then having my side of the family here the weekend following. I can hardly wait to experience it all!
- We got the boys one big gift for Christmas morning. They are going to LOVE it! Any guesses? Need a hint? Hmmmm…It doesn’t contain batteries.
- Last, but CERTAINLY NOT least. I’ve been mentoring a fellow quad mama, who blew past my personal 32 week milestone this week. Suzy is 32 weeks 4 days today! It’s absolutely miraculous, especially since she’s been on hospital bed rest since 25 weeks with contractions AND on "The Mag". I cannot even put to words, how HARD Suzy is fighting right now for these babies. It’s a true sacrificial love, and I know she would appreciate your prayers! Love you, Suzy!