Rice Krispies Holiday Challenge: Rice Krispies Christmas Cake
You might recall that I teamed up with The Motherhood and Rice Krispies for a “Back to School Recipe Challenge”. We had a great time coming up with our Cranberry Macadamia Rice Krispies on a Stick creation. So when they asked me to join 30 bloggers in a Holiday Challenge with a $100 Visa Gift Card Giveaway for my readers, I was filled with Christmas cheer!
Our challenge this round was to create a stunning holiday “show stopper” to share with friends. We decided (I say “we” because Brad is my official Rice Krispies Treat stirrer and brainstorming buddy) to make a Christmas Cake by stacking Rice Krispies Treats and decorating with various candies.
You want to make your own Rice Krispies Christmas Cake? I’d love to show you how!
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need:
~ 9 Tablespoons of Butter
~ 3 Packages of Regular Marshmallows
~ 18 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
~ 2 Spring Form Pans (I used my large and small size)
~ Red Fruit Leather
~ 2 Candy Canes
~ Red Hot Candies
~ Candy Rope (such as Twizzlers)
1. Make 3 batches of Rice Krispies Treats according to the instructions on the box or the “Original Treat Recipe” as listed on the Rice Krispies site. Do not attempt to make these all in one batch unless you have superhuman stirring powers.
2. Firmly press into buttered spring form pans and cool completely. Two batches in the large pan and one in the smaller.
3. When completely cooled, remove from pans and stack the smaller “cake” on top of the larger.
4. “Ice” the cake with fruit leather strips and candy rope.
5. Detail with Candy Red Hots and insert Candy Canes in a bow formation into treat layers.
6. Cut a slice and serve to friends and family!
7. Leftovers? Package the remaining slices in treat bags and send home with your guests! Or deliver to local neighbors.
We’re planning on delivering this “showstopper” treat to our neighbors when we try caroling as a family for the first time. Get it – “showstopper”?
By the way, entering the $100 Gift Card Giveaway is “A Piece of Cake”!
Just read the rules below and leave a comment letting me know how you could incorporate Rice Krispies Cereal in your holiday baking.
Abbreviated Rules: No Purchase Necessary. Contest Ends Tuesday 12/21/10. For complete Official Rules, go to http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/motherhoodholiday. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. One entry per person. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Motherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com.
* Special thanks to The Motherhood and Rice Krispies for inviting me to participate in this promotional campaign, providing the ingredients needed to complete this recipe, and compensating my time and creative efforts.