Grace Like Snow…
* No more fries. (Chick-fil-A Waffle Fries, you got me.)
* Read my Bible everyday. (Sunday is optional, right?)
* Quit biting my nails. (I never make it past Day 3.)
* Exercise 3-5x a week. (Still going, though I despise it most days.)
* Wake up earlier. Go to bed earlier. (This night owl thing is a hard habit to kick.)
* Praying throughout my day and listening during prayer. (My communication is often so one sided.)
* Serve others more. (I’m sure I’ve overlooked a dozen ways I could have served others.)
* Organize Life. (Will I be able to stay on top of laundry, schedules, etc.?)
It’s right about now that I want to start beating myself up, falling to defeat, resolving never to resolve again, throwing in the towel without counting the costs. Sure, some of these things might be just silly ambitions that are for the most part meaningless. However, many of them reveal a lack of obedience, submission, and discipline.
I’m confronted with the realization that I’ve been chasing after my own perfections once again. I’m destined to fail without His strength. You see, I am nothing without Him. (John 15:4,5)
But you know what? I ask for forgiveness and He reminds me that I’m forgiven. (Ephesians 1:7) He embraces me with His mercy. He gives me strength to try again. He covers me with His grace.
Like a blanket of snow.