Staying Motivated As a Parent for Potty Training Success
Keeping your toddler motivated during the potty training process is a key factor in potty training success, but often times we neglect that we as parents need some encouragement along the way as well! I decided to end this series with ways you as a parent can stay motivated, and enthusiastic, during the sometimes long days of potty training. Your positive attitude can be so incredibly contagious, and leave a meaningful impact on your child’s overall experience.
Here are 5 Ways to Stay Motivated As a Parent for Potty Training Success:
Just to recap:
1. Keep it Light – Choose to laugh at the embarrassing moments or messes. Make the process FUN. Make up a dance or a song, decorate their potty chair, throw a potty training party, or something creative that makes potty training enjoyable rather than just a chore.
2. Make It A Team Effort – Get your spouse on board with the details. Encourage one another. Give each other a much needed break from watching Elmo Potty for the 114th time.
3. Reward Yourself with Little Perks – Reward your child AND yourself with little treats along the way for their small potty training successes. Perhaps it’s a Starbucks run, or a little chocolate, just something to give yourself a little pat on the back for progress.
4. Reward Yourself with Big Perks – When you have potty training “in the can” be sure to reward your hard work and efforts with a special celebration.
5. Keep It All In Perspective – You WILL get through this! This is only a little blip of your child’s life, so remember in the moment that this too shall pass! Literally. =)
I’d love to hear your ideas on how you as a parent stay motivated during potty training! What keeps you encouraged and inspired to persevere?
Need More Potty Training Advice? Try these posts:
Pull-Ups has compensated me for my time and efforts in talking about my experiences potty training. However, my opinions on the product and Potty Dance Day experience are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive sentiments towards Pull-Ups® or their products.