10 Easy Steps for Making Gooey Layered Brownie Bars
I’ve promised to post some of my favorite recipes from my Baking with Betty experience, and I’ve kept you waiting long enough! These Gooey Layered Brownie Bars are delightfully delicious! It’s a tough call, but I think they were my top favorite dessert that I sampled from our baking extravaganza. I’m disappointed in myself for not making them in my own kitchen yet, so hopefully this post will inspire me to bake up a batch this week right along with you!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium Brownie Mix (water, vegetable oil, and egg as called for on box)
- 1 c of Betty Crocker® Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting (or whip up your own homemade recipe)
- 1/2 c of Coarsely Chopped Peanuts
- 2 c Crisp Rice Cereal
- 2/3 c Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/3 c (8 oz) Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Here’s 10 Easy Steps to Follow to Make These Deliciously Gooey Treats:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9 in square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (Or line pan with foil for easier cutting and grease bottom only of foil.)
- Make brownies as directed on box mix.
- Cool completely.
- Frost brownies with icing. Sprinkle with peanuts and refrigerate.
- Measure cereal into medium sized bowl, set aside.
- In 1 quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until set before cutting into bars.
The layers truly make this bar – the sweet/salty combination, along with the crunchy texture… sooooooo goooooood! Come back and tell me how much you love them!