Cooking with Kids: Homemade Reindeer Food
I love making Christmas memories in the kitchen with my boys! We recently created this simple homemade reindeer food recipe from Betty Crocker.com . Hello peppermint chocolate crunch! It’s no bake, only calls for 3 ingredients and it’s a gluten-free too!
The boys love helping me in the kitchen. Especially since they were able to take turns crushing the candy canes with the meat tenderizer.
Homemade Reindeer Food Ingredients:
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy canes (14 miniature)
- Crush candy canes in a large ziplock.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave. (I added a 1/2 t of oil to help the chocolate melt consistently.)
- Stir in Chex cereal and crushed candy canes into melted chocolate.
- Feed to your little “elves” and save some for the reindeer!
It also makes a great last minute gift for teachers, neighbors, or friends!
What’s your favorite homemade gift to make?
Don’t forget today is the last day to enter to win the $100 Visa Gift Card giveaway over here.
You might recall that I had the privilege of visiting the kitchens of Betty Crocker in the fall. We’ve continued to keep in touch, and they provided me with this idea and ingredients to share with you all!