30 Cheap Date Ideas for Married Couples
So we’ve talked about the reasons to keep dating your spouse, and why we haven’t given up on pursuing our relationship…now for some CHEAP ideas to keep things fresh.
When Brad and I get the opportunity to enjoy some time out of the house or a night in while the boys are sleeping, we keep it simple and inexpensive. We’re on a budget, and we know that spending quality time together doesn’t have to be extravagant to be meaningful. Even before we had kids, we found ways to “date” that didn’t break the bank.
Here’s some of our Go-To Cheap Date Ideas:
1. Go for a hike at a local state park.
2. Visit a free museum.
3. Challenge each other to a Wii tournament.
4. Take a picnic to a park or scenic spot.
5. Watch a sunset at a lake or beach.
6. Watch home movies together.
7. Make a dessert together.
8. Rent a movie and enjoy it with take out from your favorite local restaurant.
9. Go to a coffee shop with a book or game.
10. Go swimming sans kids.
11. Take a walk in the city.
12. Go out for frozen yogurt or ice cream.
13. Exercise together – go for a jog, play your favorite sport together, bike ride, etc.
14. Rent a canoe or kayak for an hour.
15. Hang out at a local bookstore.
16. Go thrift store shopping.
17. Watch airplanes take off or land.
18. Rent a bicycle built for two.
19. Get out old pictures of your life together and chat about your favorite memories.
20. Challenge each other in a game of Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Sorry, or other board game favorite.
21. Take in a local sporting event.
22. Get together with another couple for a simple meal or dessert.
23. Go camping just the two of you. (On our list for this summer)
24. Go for a long drive out in the country.
25. Sit on a dock and watch the boats.
26. Hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.
27. Find a list of questions to ask one another as conversation starters.
28. Make a fire in a fire pit and roast s’mores.
29. Test drive a car just for fun. (Another one on the list)
30. Do a progressive dinner – appetizer at one place, main course at another, and dessert at a final location
What are YOUR favorite cheap date ideas?